Slow Cooker Spicy Coconut Chicken
We found this recipe on 365 Days of Crockpot. "A slightly spicy and creamy coconut chicken and sauce that braises for hours in the slow cooker while you’re getting a million other things done!"
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours 15 minutes
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1 Tbsp garlic thai chili paste
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup diced onions (I used a yellow onion)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, plus more for serving
- 3-4 lbs of chicken drumsticks (I put 10 in my slow cooker)
- Combine basil, coconut milk, Sriracha, garlic thai chili paste, soy sauce, onion and cilantro in the slow cooker. Stir.
- Using a double layer of paper towels pull the skin off of the chicken legs. Add the now skinless chicken legs into the slow cooker. Nestle them into the sauce.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, Chicken will be very tender.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over rice and top with extra cilantro.
- I used my 6 quart slow cooker for this recipe.
- If you want you can make this into a slow cooker freezer meal! Just place all the ingredients into a freezer size gallon zipper bag (I like the Hefty slider bags). Then freeze. When you’re ready to cook drop everything from the bag into the slow cooker and cook on LOW for about 8-10 hours, if still frozen and 6-8 hours if thawed.