Sheet Pan Steak and Veggies
This recipe is from GimmeDelicious. "This sheet pan method makes cooking steak so much easier and quicker. You can cook the steak and all your favorite veggies in one pan. We don’t use the oven itself to cook the steak but the broiler as the primary heat source. Think of it as grilling but upside down. Because broiler tends to cook food very quickly, you will only need to cook the steak for just 4-5 minutes per side."
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound 1 inch thick sirloin steak, or favorite cut
- 1 pound baby potatoes or regular potatoes cut into large chunks* (optional)
- 16 ounces broccoli florets fresh or frozen
- 1 yellow bell pepper 1-inch dices
- 1 medium-size red onion 1-inch dices
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning optional
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to high broil.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes until parboiled for 10-12 minutes; drain well.
Arrange steak, potatoes, broccoli, bell pepper, and onion on a large sheet pan. In a small bowl, whisk the garlic, olive oil, Italian seasoning and salt + pepper. Brush the mixture on the steak and veggies.
Place into the oven in the upper-center rack and broil until the steak is browned and charred at the edges and the veggies are lightly charred, about 4-5 minutes per side, flipping once, for medium doneness.