We found this recipe on Taste and See. "This is such an easy recipe - perfect for a weeknight dinner. The chicken is cheesy, moist and so delicious."
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 5 Chicken breasts boneless, fat and skin removed
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper together in a shallow pie dish or a deep plate.
Mix the butter, lemon juice and garlic together in another shallow pie dish or deep plate.
Dip both sides of the chicken in the butter mixture - coating it well.
Quickly, place the chicken on the bread crumb mixture and toss the crumbs up over the edges and top of chicken breast using either your hands or a spoon. Then gently press the chicken so the crumbs on the bottom side stick to the chicken. Now turn the chicken over and again press that side into the crumbs.
Place chicken in 9x13 baking dish and repeat steps 3 and 4 with the rest of the chicken. Depending on the size of the chicken breasts you may need to use additional pans.
When all chicken is prepped, bake for 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees when inserted in the thickest part of the chicken breast.
- If the butter and lemon juice mixture starts to congeal, microwave for 20 seconds.
- Be sure to use grated parmesan cheese, shredded cheese won't stick to the chicken as nicely.