We found this recipe on Creme De La Crumb. "Easy, completely delicious Honey Beef Lettuce Wraps with sweet and savory Asian flavors. Whip them up in about 20 minutes for a tasty appetizer or main dish!"
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 3-4 as a main dish, or up to 8 as an appetizer
- 3/4-1 pound very thin-cut beef (I used a carne asada cut)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup canned water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1 head butter lettuce
- sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- Finely chop beef into 1/4-inch pieces. Drizzle a large skillet with sesame oil, then combine beef, mushrooms, carrots, and water chestnuts and stir over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes until meat is mostly browned.
- Stir together soy cauce, hoisin sauce, honey, rice vinegar, garlic, ground ginger, and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir sauce into beef and vegetable mixture and saute over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions. Scoop beef mixture into butter lettuce leaves and serve.