We found this recipe on Suzlyfe. "These Healthy Turkey Meatballs with Italian Herbs are the perfect way to herb up your healthy menu plan. (heh, get it? Herb up?) Gluten free, dairy free (unless you choose the second option), and 5 minutes to prepare, these meatballs will be perfect for your clean eating weekend meal prep! Plus, the low cost ingredients will keep you right on budget. You will love this crazy healthy recipe!"
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb ground turkey (preferably organic and free range)
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp parsley
- 2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flake
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP sun dried tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic, minced (optional)
- 2-3 TBSP freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Mix herb blend in small ramekin, prepare optional ingredients, if desired.
- In medium bowl, add herb blend and optional ingredients to ground turkey in portions. Do not over mix--ingredients should be incorporated and mixed through, but not overworked.
- Form golf ball sized meatballs and place on plate. Cover meatball plate with plastic wrap and let sit for 5-15 minutes at least to allow to meld.
- Turn oven to 350*F. Line a cookie sheet or lasagna pan with foil, pour 1/2 cup water or chicken broth (enough to coat the foil with a millimeter or so of liquid. Cover with foil and place in oven.
- Heat large saute pan over medium high heat on stove. Spray with cooking spray or oil of choice. In batches, sear meatballs on all sides over a period of 5 minutes. Pull back foil from oven pan, transfer meatballs and re-cover with foil. Finish baking in the oven for 10 minutes for each batch.
- Remove balls and serve! Balls should be firm, but not hard to touch.