Asian Turkey Meatballs
We found this recipe on Chef Savvy. "You don’t always think of Asian food and turkey together but these two are a perfect match. The asian sauce and baking method gives the lean turkey lots of flavor and moisture. Turkey is naturally low in fat and provides immune-boosting nutrients like iron, zinc and potassium. It’s also packed with lean protein to keep you feeling full longer."
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 (yields 12 meatballs)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 whole green onion, both green and white parts, chopped
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- ⅛ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- green onions for serving, if desired
- sesame seeds for serving, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add turkey, breadcrumbs, garlic, green onions, egg, sesame oil and soy sauce. Mix with your hands until combined.
- Grease a baking sheet with oil.
- Portion out 12 meatballs. (Working with slightly wet hands helps)
- Place meatballs on the oiled baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes or until fully cooked, flipping halfway through.
- Take out of the oven and toss with the Asian sauce.
- Serve immediately and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
- Note: If you are freezing the meatballs do not toss with sauce until ready to serve.
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl and stir to combine. Set aside until meatballs are done cooking.